Lake Wawasee Fireworks: Saturday, July 7th at 10:15 pm
Greetings friends, neighbors and fellow members of the WPOA,
This note is my opportunity to ask you to support our annual Independence Day celebration.
As you select your favorite family and friends to join you for your 2018 Fourth of July party, please remember to include a contribution to our spectacular annual FIREWORKS display. Your Fourth of July celebration would not involve a fantastic show of fire in the sky without your ongoing tax-deductible monetary donation. The WPOA dedicates 100% of all gifts to the Fireworks Fund to your annual fireworks display. There is no other source of funding than you.
Each shell, every burst, and all cheers have WPOA Fireworks donors to thank.
Your 2018 Fireworks display will take place Saturday, July 7th at 10:15 pm. Willie 103.5 will broadcast the choreographed music to the show. Please tune in and prepare to cheer for the RED, WHITE, and BLUE.
You may visit this page to donate. Thank you for supporting the best display of patriotism in Indiana, your Lake Wawasee Fourth of July Fireworks!
Christopher Campbell, pier 342
WPOA Fireworks Chair
2018 Launch Site
Where is the best place to watch the fireworks?
This year's show will be higher than most making viewing enjoyable from shore and the water. If you're watching from the water the best place to position your boat is 1000ft upwind from the barges. Please remain three football field lengths away from the barges used to launch the fireworks, and always obey the sheriff boats.
WHAT ABOUT THE MUSIC?
The event is carefully choreographed to music and being able to hear is just as important as being able to see. WAWC Willie 103.5 will play the soundtrack for this year's show. Be sure to tune in for the full experience!
“The Calm Before the Show.”
PRESHOW | 2016
2017 Wawasee Fireworks Recap - Great Show!
The 2017 show went off without a hitch. Over 500 boats enjoyed from the water and tens of thousands of people watched from the shoreline.
The WAWASEE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION would like to thank the following people for their help producing the 2017 Lake Wawasee Independence Day Fireworks Celebration:
- Derek and his crew with Total Property Care Landscaping for hauling seven heavy obstinate barges around the lake multiple times - right past the sandbar.
- Kerry Rookstool and Rookstools Pier Company for their continued donation of time, barge repair and use of equipment.
- Doug & Carolyn Anderson with the Wawasee Boat Company for keeping our dear barges safe 361 days out of the year.
- Dericke Lavoine and the Indiana DNR for their support with permits, use of the public park for loading product and never giving me a ticket.
- Ken Troutman and the WPOA Sheriff Patrol for preventing random dumb a-- boaters from creeping in too close to the exploding barges.
- John Stump and Main Channel Marina for dropping a donated brand new pontoon in the water and filling it with gas for use as a fireworks work boat and official WPOA fireworks launch boat.
- Chris Cage and Willie 103.5 for donating 25 minutes of their precious radio air time to broadcast our soundtrack.
- Michael Cartolano Jr. and the amazing team at Melrose Pyrotechnics for designing a fantastic show, safely launching eight 10" shells and for the pre-show entertainment... "would you look at that?"
- And most importantly a "this wouldn't happen without you" thank you to the WPOA fireworks donors of beautiful Lake Wawasee. (donate here!)
Also, special thanks to Lou Siri for the close-up video, www.wawascene.com for their webcam footage and Kelly Burden for her photo.
Now we look forward to 2018!
100% of the funds that pay for Wawasee fireworks come from Lake Wawasee homeowners like you and me. Please take a moment and help support our annual celebration by donating. Let's make 2018 bigger and better.
Chris Campbell, Pier 342
WPOA Board Member, Fireworks Chairman
P.S. Did you know our show is bigger than Navy Pier's?